Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Resolutions!!!

Happy New Year to you.

Naah, I'm not going to list down a long list of wishes that I resolve to do this new year. However in the true spirit of marketers, I got curious and looked around for resolutions of the marketing masters.

Seth Godin has been a favorite guru of mine, with his ideas and style of presentation both being vast learning grounds for me. For those who came in late [I love that line from the Phantom], Seth is the pioneer of Permission Marketing and of "being not necessarily the best, but definitely being Remarkable". He writes a blog which is continuously on my Netvibes Feed.

Here's what he says about New Year Resolutions:

"Google yourself.

If you're a salesperson, your prospects already do.
If you're looking for a job, your prospective employers already do.
If you've got a job, your co-workers already do."

Wanna know how to fix what you find?? Head to Seth's Blog and his post about "The first thing to do this year".

Oh yeah, and tell Seth I tracked him back. Maybe, just maybe, I can leech off some of his site traffic to mine!! Can't help it, Seth, I learnt to be remarkable from you!!!

No comments: