Monday, January 14, 2008

Check out this Guy.........

One of the nicer and more "value-adding" blogs I've followed in cyberspace belongs to a guy named just that... Guy Kawasaki. Now though Guy needs no introduction... er... at least to the right people, [sorry Guy, my neighbor's grandma did not know who you were!!] all that I need to say is that he's a Venture Capitalist who he believes is a bit different from the rest of them.

I've read Guy's books since I got into Business School [and you thought B-School only gave you bad habits like making simple things complex with graphs and pie charts!!]. Actually I've just read 1/4th of his book, Art of the Start. Yeah I know, I thought I'll go through his bibliography backwards!!!

One thing about Guy I like is that he finds the same things to be cool that I find cool. That's when I read his blog entry about Spokeo. Now though I think it might give you glimpses into your friends' lives that they might not want you to know [for example, he did not send you his Flicker link of his vacation pics, because he did not want you to see them, right??]. It'll also give you a glimpse of that cute girl who messaged you by mistake but will not send you her picture. So I'm concerned that this may raise those silly privacy issues, but if you just wanna be friendly and keep a tab on your pals, then Spokeo can help you do it!!! Check Spokeo out here!!

Oh and if you want to see pics of a 50+ Japanese guy reliving his childhood with his kids on a WW II submarine, check out Guy's blog here

No comments: