Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Of accommodating organization cultures......

I have no idea what to call this... but it really had my friend and me in splits for ten minutes!!

The story goes that around lunchtime, my friend recieves a mail from his boss with the following subject:

IEEE Seminar on 30th August 2008

As such mails with most bosses go, my friend naturally got suspicious. After all, his boss was actually asking him to go to a seminar??

The body of the mail just had the following words:

IEEE is conducting a seminar on Entrepreneurship on the 30th of August 2008 at xxx place

Please see if it is useful for you.



Okay, this is a new one..... However the piece de resistance was the following line:

It is free.

So how is that for the goof of the year?? You allow your subordinate to go to an Entrepreneurship seminar just because its free!!

So its OK if the subordinate gets motivated to quit and walk the lone road, just because its free??

Like I told my friend, he's lucky to have such an open and accommodating organization!!


No comments: